ProObject is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join their software development team that provides application development and support to a suite of tools that provides disseminatable data to be conveyed at the absolute first point of relevance allowing mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment.
Full Stack Software Engineer Duties Include:
- Provide Full Stack software development and technical services to support the Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA)
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop services for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Perform software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Provide software engineering support to the Curation & Ingest application process which builds out dataflow pipelines in support of the Extract, Translate, and Load (ETL) operations. Additionally, will work closely with the User Interface software development team to enable user interactions into the dataflow pipeline and allow users to manipulate data both automatically and manually.
- Provide O&M application support for a legacy application to include the migration of the application from one network to another.
- Team Size: ~37 team members made up of software developers, system engineers, test engineers, SCRUM masters, and technical writers.
- Team Location: Contractor facility, Annapolis Junction, Md.
- Team collaborates with Outreach (user application helpdesk) and User Experience teams.
- Seating: Cubicle environment (has access to both classified and unclassified computers and phones at their desk)
- Some contact with technical government personnel but no direct user contact
- Product support analysts at the agency, IC, and other party affiliations.
Technical Skills Required:
- Technical experience with:
- Developing Java Web applications
- Developing with Spring-Boot
- Developing RESTful Services
- Experience with Groovy
- Experience with Mule
- Developing applications interfacing into Elasticsearch / Oracle
- 20+ years’ experience with:
- Serving as the technical lead of multiple software development teams
- Development of software solutions by analyzing system performance standards
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Designing, developing, and modifying software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Ensuring quality control of all developed and modified software
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitoring their performance
- Writing or reviewing software system documentation
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with consuming and writing web services
- Experience with generating technical documentation
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts for code integration and cron jobs using Bourne Shell, C, or Python and work in a command line environment
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence
Minimum Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Four (4) years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
- 20+ years of experience
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required