Principal Level Software Engineer/ Developer
- Discovery team to support development of analytics focused on behavior identification for bulk triage. Behaviors would be discovered through the use of data science techniques including machine learning. Analytics will be developed primarily, but not exclusively by leveraging the customer’s cloud infrastructure. The developer shall possess the necessary skills required to implement an end-to-end solution including (but not limited to) accessing existing datasets, creating new datasets by ingesting data, performing analytic functions and exposing analytic results to the users. The data could be metadata or content.
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Demonstrated experience with machine learning including development of feature vectors that leverage event and content data
- Desire knowledge of Graph Theory and Datasets
- Experience with High Performance Computing (HPC) environments
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment
- Experience with Jira, Maven and Git
- Experience writing analytics within Query Time Analytics (QTA) Framework
- Work in a team environment
Minimum Experience Required:
- Candidates shall have 16+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least 5 years of experience in software intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two years of general experience.)
- Additionally, at least 5 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.