Principal Cloud Software Engineer (Java, Python, MapReduce)
- Develop and maintain assigned persona analytic tasks requiring implementation, documentation and testing for the Finance Intelligence and High Interest Cargo team to support Threat Finance Analytic Development. Analytics will be developed primarily, but not exclusively, in the customer cloud infrastructure. The developer shall possess the necessary skills required to implement an end-to-end solution including (but not limited to) accessing existing datasets, creating new datasets by ingesting data, performing analytic functions and exposing analytic results to the users. The data could be metadata or content. Provide holistic solutions to extract value from large data sets. Research and develop original solutions to solve big data challenges.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience using Java, Python, MapReduce, Maven, Git, Jira and Confluence
- Prior experience developing analytics utilizing MWS, and SOAP is highly preferred
- Experience with network technologies and protocols
- Familiarity with customer corporate tools such as DX, TargetProfiler, GeoXplorer, LinkXplorer, Renoir, etc.
- Work in a team environment
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least 16+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 5 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of general
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required