Mid-Level Tools Support Technician (Linux, NNM 9i, Site Scope)
- Maintains all Enterprise Management supporting technologies (see Tools Support TTO for Agency-specific technologies) used by the GECC.
- Provides technical direction and engineering knowledge in support of planning, designing, developing, testing, installing and maintaining systems monitoring and management services.
- Develops, refines, and documents systems management policies, processes, procedures and drives their implementation and use within the GECC.
- Performs user administration on Enterprise Management supporting technologies.
- Experience maintaining and configuring tools within the HP Business Technology Optimization Suite.
- Broad background in Network, Systems, Application and Service Management tools.
- Specifically, experience with configuring Service Manager 7 or any two (2) of the following HP tools:
- NNM 9i
- Site Scope
- Operations Manager for Linux
- ITIL® v3 Foundation certification
Technical Skills Required:
- Strong Linux/CentOS system administration experience
- knowledge of both physical and virtual servers
- scripting experience in Python and/or Perl
- knowledge of customer networks and log aggregation tools.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with Jira
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years, Associate’s Degree and 10 years, High School Diploma/GED and 12 years
- At least five (5) years of experience designing/developing Enterprise Management Systems.
- At least three (3) years’ of experience in performing system administration of Linux, UNIX, and Windows.
- At least one (1) year’s experience in VMware technology
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required