The Systems Integration Technician shall be responsible for building, installing, monitoring, troubleshooting, configuring, managing and performing software upgrades of the software stack layer between the operating system layer and the Mission application layer on HPC systems.
- Ability to integrate, install, configure, upgrade, compile, and support COTS/GOTS software.
- Generate documentation for the full software stack.
- Update software for sustainment support.
- Basic Linux system administration skills and shell scripting.
- Execute test codes for characterization of software performance.
- Provide software product ownership for HPC tools.
- Working knowledge of CM tools, web documentation, and issue tracking.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and switch between various architectural paradigms.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience as a Linux System Administrator with technical knowledge regarding compute, network, memory, and storage components
- Experience writing scripts using Bash
- Experience diagnosing system issues on Linux-based clusters
- Experience with SLURM Workload Manager
- Experience with HPC open source parallel programming methods such as OpenSHMEM, pthreads, Open MPI, and UPC
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with automating system procedures/tasks and using benchmarks to confirm subsystem health
- Experience with Linux cluster/node monitoring tools such as NHC (Node Health Check)
- Familiar with InfiniBand network communications
- Familiar with parallel file systems such as Lustre
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite of Tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and have at least eight (8) years of demonstrable experience with integrating, installing, configuring, upgrading, compiling, and supporting COTS/GOTS software in a heterogeneous operating system environment. OR The individual shall have five (5) years full time Computer Science directly related work that can be substituted for a degree and have at least eight (8) years of demonstrable experience. OR An industry recognized professional certification, as defined in the TT0s, may substitute as one (1) year experience. A Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field may substitute for two (2) years’ experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required