Mid-Level System Engineer (Data Science, Vulnerability, Pig Analytics)
- The System Engineer will analyze functional business requirements and design specifications for IT activities, resolve problems within existing systems, and design the implementation of new systems.
- Analyzes functional business requirements, processes, and design specifications for IT activities. Identifies, resolves, and enhances problems and/or inefficiencies within existing systems. Designs implementation of new systems, and participates in analysis, design and development/construction of next generation IT systems. Understands and balances customers’ IT needs with commercially available IT products realities to derive requirements and system specifications that are implementable by the architecture and engineering teams.
- ITIL® v3 Foundations certification
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with data science, vulnerability and security metrics, Pig analytics.
- General understanding of Windows and Unix security/patching/configuration strategy, AWS services and storage mechanisms
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- CISSP certification (preferably with ISSEP)
- Comfortable taking initiative and working independently with minimal direction
- Experience creating high level designs as well as implementing lower level details
- Experience in both system engineering and development
Minimum Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree or Higher and 6 years, High School Diploma/GED and 12 years, or Associate’s Degree and 10 years, or Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years, or Doctorate and 4 years
- TS/SCI w. Polygraph Required