Mid-Level System Engineer (Centos, Red Hat)
- Analyzes functional business requirements, processes, and design specifications for IT activities.
- Identifies, resolves, and enhances problems and/or inefficiencies within existing systems.
- Designs implementation of new systems, and participates in analysis, design and development/construction of next generation IT systems.
- Understands and balances customers’ IT needs with commercially available IT products realities to derive requirements and system specifications that are implementable by the architecture and engineering teams.
- ITIL® v3 Foundations certification
Technical Skills Required:
- Strong experience (10+ yrs) in Linux system administration (specifically Centos/Red Hat),
- 5+ years network admin experience, experience with Puppet administration,
- Experience with Hadoop configuration and management
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Configuration and maintenance experience with Spark and Splunk,
- Jira administration experience
Minimum Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree or Higher and 6 years, High School Diploma/GED and 12 years, or Associate’s Degree and 10 years, or Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years, or Doctorate and 4 years
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required