Mid-Level System Analyst/System Architect (Unix/Linux, Palo Alto, RedHat)
- The candidate will perform Linux Admin, data center management, hardware integration, networking and Application installation/config/setup duties in a prototype development and evaluation lab on customer site.
- The candidate must be a self-starter, be able to work with a small team as well as independently, and be able to learn new HW and SW technologies quickly.
- Proven experience and strong understanding of hardware and integration
- Proven experience in data center management, administration and processes, such PSC, MRMs, and TOEs.
- Candidate must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications system analysis, system design, and programming activities.
- Security+ CE or equivalent security certification
- Experience leading a small team, providing technical direction and delegating complex engineering tasks.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience administering and troubleshooting UNIX/LINUX and Windows production systems.
- Proven experience in RedHat Linux, CentOS, and/or SELinux System Administration.
- Infrastructure and network experience with Dell, Big Switch, Mellanox, Excelero, Brocade, Palo Alto, DGX-1, DGX-2, and Nutanix.
- Network integration experience – routing, switching, and firewall rules administration.
- Experience with DCIM, CM, and continuous integration-deployment (CI/CD) tools such as Puppet, Ansible and SALT.
- Networking experience – routing, switching, firewall rules administration.
- 2-3 years of VM and storage (nfs) experience.
- Excellent design and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with container platforms, preferably Docker
- Must be able to support multiple software/system integration and testing efforts
- Proven experience installing and configuring applications
- Familiarity with Agency standards, STE/STN compliance and agency security systems
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Palo Alto firewalls and rule sets
- Commercial Cloud Solutions (C2S) and AZURE
- Familiarity with LDAP and how to integrate to it
- Windows System administration and Activity Directory
- Jira or similar ticket tracking system
- Familiar with leveraging UPS in Lab environment.
- Vendor management and engagement skills
- Experience with Jupyter Notebook and GPU technologies, such as nVIDIA Docker and GPU-compute apps
- Bash, python or similar scripting skills
- Apache tomcat
- Data flow management
- Experience with Docker Containers, Kubernetes orchestration and Rancher
- Experience with enhanced visualization and graphing tools
- Experience with Elastic Search and Kibana
- Nagios or similar monitoring tools
- Experience installing/configuring database management tools (mongo, SQL, postGres, etc)
Minimum Experience Required:
- Eight (8) to eighteen (18) years of general experience as a systems and/or network administrator.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in systems analysis, engineering rack design, power distribution, networking and communications applications on complex information systems, database management, the use of programming languages that support systems, and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science can be substituted for four years of general experience as a systems administrator.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required