Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provides assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provides in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Configures and manages UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Provides detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Provide hardware and software system administration and integration/test support for field systems within the client program.
- Perform Linux and Windows system setup and management for both physical and virtual Operating Systems (OS), to include provisioning, configuration, patching and update management, platform securing/hardening.
- Assist development team in build, test and deployment of new systems and software based on customer requirements.
- Design and implement improvements to hardware and software architecture and configurations.
- Create and modify scripts used for system administration, software deployment and integration and testing functions in languages such as C-Shell, Bourne, Bash and/or Perl.
- Maintain and provide lifecycle support for deployed systems (e.g. troubleshoot issues, create/maintain software baseline, assist with software configuration control); maintain source code and scripts in standard location for team access and review; Recommend improvements to existing components/processes; perform bench testing of new equipment; create and maintain all appropriate documentation; document and support configuration management processes.
- Implement re-building of computer systems in support of client mission operations
- Provide support on initial computer system setup, mounting and installation of software systems, and installing images of backups in computer systems in case there are failures or installation of new software versions does not complete as specified
- Act as the Computer Laboratory Manager
- Provide installation and support of Server Virtual Machines
Technical Skills Required:
- Linux and Windows system administration experience
- Familiarity with RMF procedures
- Experience with basic scripting languages, such as scripting languages, such as C-Shell, Bash, Bourne or Perl
- Experience with basic networking (e.g. ethernet, IPv4)
- Experience with basic hardware (NIC cards, hard drives)
- Experience troubleshooting devices from manufacturing documents
- Experience with Software Central and Red Hat
- Experience with virtualization software
- Familiarity with STE/STN
Minimum Experience Required:
- Ten (10) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree. TS/SCI with Polygraph Required