We are seeking a System Administrator to provide system administration support on Windows and Linux-based systems. The qualified candidate will be supporting a team doing vulnerability assessments and mitigations on a variety of emerging technologies, approximately every 30 days. The candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative in the work. Must be willing to travel periodically in DC/VA area for customer meetings.
Candidate shall be responsible primarily for providing analysis and engineering of the functional aspects of the software or hardware architecture and systems, it may also include other responsibilities such as architectural planning, middleware prototyping, or investigations regarding the introduction of new technology.
Technical Skills Required:
- Must have Linux & Windows experience, using a variety of versions (old and new)
- Extensive knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware, and software
- Demonstrated experience with standard admin support (create/manage accounts, version upgrades, IAVA patches, etc
- Experience with VM environments of various operating systems with tool augmentation
- Experience building test networks for product teardowns of various emerging technologies
- Experience establishing lab system standards (naming conventions, configurations, standard loads)
- Strong attention to detail is a must!
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Well-rounded knowledge of networking (TCIP/IP, LAN, WAN, VLAN, Routing, Firewalls, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues within multiple systems
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with managers and team members.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Eight (8) to eighteen (18) years of general experience as a systems analyst.
- Five (5) years of experience in administration of (Linux, Unix, Windows, OS X, macOS, and/or Android), including operating system software, troubleshooting, installing the desktop and windows manager, and VM administration.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience as a systems analyst.
TS/SCI w Polygraph Required