Mid-Level System Administrator (Linux, AWS, MongoDB)
- Write infrastructure-as-code (terraform) and automated configuration management (ansible)
- Maintain and deploy COTS Platform
- Deploy and maintain AWS vSphere VMs
- Deploy and maintain several DBs (MariaDB, MongoDB, ELK, etc)
- Troubleshoot DB and Platform Issues (paragraph about the position – include shift work times if applicable)
- Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
Technical Skills Required:
- 3+ years of Systems Administrator Experience
- Knowledge of Linux OS (Centos/RHEL & Ubuntu)
- Knowledge of Cloud of Providers (AWS, Azure, vSphere)
- Knowledge of various Data Services (ELK, MariaDB, MongoDB, etc.)
- Self-driven motivation to learn
- Candidate must be organized, thorough, self-motivated, and proactive. Extensive collaboration with project personnel and partner/customer groups is required.
- Knowledge of Network Security (Server Certs, TLS, etc.)
- Knowledge of System Patching (Yum/Apt & From Source)
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Knowledge of Infra-as-code (Ansible, SaltStack, Terraform, etc.)
- Knowledge of VMWare Tanzu
- Experience working in the intelligence community
Minimum Experience Required:
- Five (5) years experience as a system administrator in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required (experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.