Lead the effort to set-up, configure, and load system software and hardware; Provide system administration support of computers, servers, racks of equipment and figure/manage LAN interfaces. Provide support for web development, testing, system integration, installation scripts and other duties to support systems and network infrastructure.
Experience performing and assisting with equipment specification, setup, problem resolution, and network support related to computer hardware and software; Experience providing assistance to users; Experience optimizing system operations; Experience ensuring compliance with licensing agreements and system currency.
Technical Skills Required:
Senior Linux SysAdmin with strong experience scripting (at least with bsh), and working with Puppet, LDAP, Vmware, and/or other virtual machine environments (like Redhat KVM), as well as IBM BladeCenters. Need to have at least a functional working knowledge of Cisco networks as successful candidate will have to correct network issues on the fly when the Network Engineer is not available. Need to have solid hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
Candidate must be willing and able to:
- be on-call 24×7
- mission critical (Agency Code Red required)
- interface with agency and non-agency sites via emails/phone to walk them through hands-on troubleshooting
- work flexible hours, staying until the job is completed (mission is restored)
Minimum Experience Required:
- Ten years experience with installation, maintenance, administration, and trouble shooting of LAN at Tier II level in UNIX/Linux environment, computer hardware and software
- Acceptable Areas of Study for Bachelor’s Degree to Qualify: Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or Mathematics
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required