Mid-Level Software Integration Engineer (Bash, Python, Unix)
- Provides expertise in integrating, installing, configuring, upgrading, compiling and supporting COTS/GOTS software in a heterogeneous operating system environment.
- Ability to integrate, install, configure, upgrade, compile, and support COTS/GOTS software.
- Generate documentation for the full software stack.
- Update software for sustainment support.
- Basic Linux system administration skills and shell scripting.
- Execute test codes for characterization of software performance.
- Provide software product ownership for HPC tools.
- Working knowledge of CM tools, web documentation, and issue tracking.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and switch between various architectural paradigms.
Technical Skills Required:
- A minimum of 5 years experience writing scripts using Bash/Python
- A minimum of 5 years experience with Unix command line
- General technical knowledge regarding compute, network, memory, and storage system components
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) principles and automation tools such as Puppet, SaltStack, and Ansible
- In-depth experience with trouble-shooting large Unix Clusters
- Demonstrated experience using system monitoring tools such as Prometheus/Grafana
- Demonstrated experience developing test plans
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Familiar with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles and applications
- Familiar with various network communications like IP and InfiniBand
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and have at least eight (8) years of demonstrable experience with integrating, installing, configuring, upgrading, compiling, and supporting COTS/GOTS software in a heterogeneous operating system environment. OR
- The individual shall have five (5) years full time Computer Science directly related work that can be substituted for a degree and have at least eight (8) years of demonstrable experience. OR
- An industry recognized professional certification, as defined in the TT0s, may substitute as one (1) year experience. A Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field may substitute for two (2) years’ experience
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required