Mid-Level Software Engineer (XML, SQL, Perl)
- Seeking a motivated developer to provide software development support to the Endpoint & Forensics mission and tradecraft division. Individual will support the development of a forensics tool capable of the rapid triage of devices.
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Must have solid experience developing software using object-oriented language (strong C++)
- Must have Development experience in Linux environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Desired experience with Android development (database knowledge)
- Desired experience with Windows development (registry knowledge)
- Desired experience with general Protocol processing experience
- Desired GUI experience
Minimum Experience Required:
- Candidates shall have 8+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least 5 years of experience in software intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.)
- Additionally, at least 3 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Candidate must meet all qualifications associated with Sections C3,T1. And C3.T2. of DoD Directive 8570.01-M entitled “Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program.”
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required