Mid-Level Software Engineer (Perl, XML, Java) (LJ-16-020)
- Daily tasking will include analyzing and monitoring network traffic and understanding network traffic terminology. Writing Python scripts. Dealing with multiple aspects of Splunk from writing SPLs to dealing with backend Splunk issues. Optimizing and aiding Splunk architecture. Bash shell scripting/Linux command line navigation. Automation working with Docker, Ansible and Airflow. Understanding of Scrum with JIRA. Experience with GIT. Creating python client/server applications.
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Four (4) plus years of experience in computer science, computer engineering, engineering, mathematics, or related discipline, including at least four (4) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government and industry customers.
- One (1) year of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration with new and existing systems.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.