Mid-Level Software Engineer (Perl, Python, Ruby)
- Seeking a motivated developer to join the SIGINT Forensics Center (SFC) team.
- This position provides opportunity for the developer to work on a variety of tasking.
- The candidate will develop tools to perform automated data identification and extraction from seized collateral.
- Identify techniques for technology discovery in provided datasets.
- Develop tools and capabilities highlighting the presence and use of the discovered technologies.
- Perform research on defined technologies and/or target specific topics.
- Respond to high-priority customer requests for information (RFI).
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required.
- Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with Perl, or experience with a dynamic/multi-paradigm language (Python, Ruby, Groovy, Scala) and the willingness to learn Perl
- Experience developing web applications built around the MVC pattern
- Experience working with a relational databases. E.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLLite
Minimum Experience Required:
- Candidates shall have 8+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least 5 years of experience in software intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.)
- Additionally, at least 3 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Candidate must meet all qualifications associated with Sections C3,T1. And C3.T2. of DoD Directive 8570.01-M entitled “Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program.”
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required