- Provide technical services for software that delivers geospatial visualization capabilities.
- Develop modern front-ends utilizing Angular or similar component-driven frameworks.
- Write and implement code using real-time streaming software frameworks (Heron).
- Displays strong communication and collaborative skills when coordinating with team members regarding design, development and testing.
- Collaborate with developers, stakeholders and users in conceptualizing, estimating and developing software application features and enhancements.
- Plans, implements, and supports new application designs and features.
- Ability to solve problems and work on multiple task simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team, with a strong commitment to customer service.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues in a prompt manner.
- Submit bi-weekly/monthly status report documents.
- Understanding of Agile software development methodology with full development lifecycle.
- Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist. Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project and experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- AngularJS, React, Vue.js (other JS frameworks)
- Leaflet, Underscore, Bootstrap (and other JS libraries)
- RESTful Web Services (Java based)
- Streaming analytic environments with big data ingestion/processing (e.g Heron, Storm)
- SQL and NoSQL data bases (MySQL, Cassandra)
- Java Spring Frameworks
- Geo/Mapping technologies (WMS, WKT, GeoTools)
- Familiar with open source java libraries
- Familiar with:
- Customer data feeds/types/formats
- AEA and other corporate services
- Customer compliance and policy topics
- Customer networks
- Linux Bash
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- At least six (6) years experience developing software in an enterprise environment. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years. At least four (4) years developing software for Windows (7 or higher), UNIX or Linux (Red hat versions 3-5) OS and at least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required