Mid-Level Software Engineer (Java, Python, SQL)
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and corrects defects
- Integrate existing software into now or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Oversees one or more software development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Technical Skills Required:
- Design and develop efficient Graphical User Interfaces and applications using Java and Python.
- Develop database queries using Elasticsearch and SQL.
- Create dashboards and visualizations to provide current operating status and alerts on sub-optimal performance.
- Develop GUI interfaces with 3rd party products, modify configurations and enhance system functionality and operability.
- Requirements gathering, assessing, vetting, and migration into design, architecture, features.
- Software development, testing, installation, configuration, and upgrading.
- Active participant in design sessions.
- Programming to include code creation, bug fixes, and enhancements, as well as installation, monitoring, and configuration programs and scripts.
- Documentation of all designs/software developed, documentation of on-going development efforts using Atlassian tools (JIRA/Confluence).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to work as a part of a collaborative team.
- 14 years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Experience leveraging the technology stack of JAVA, Spring, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, React, Git, GitLab, Angular to develop effective and efficient user interfaces.
- Candidates must have TS//SCI clearance with Full Scope polygraph to start.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience designing and developing efficient Graphical User Interfaces and applications using Java and Python.
- Experience developing database queries using Elasticsearch and SQL.
- Experience creating dashboards and visualizations to provide current operating status and alerts on sub-optimal performance.
- Experience synthesizing, normalizing, correlating, and analyzing metrics from various sources, and determining thresholds and alert criteria.
- Experience developing GUI interfaces with 3rd party products, modify configurations and enhance system functionality and operability.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Fourteen (14) years’ experience as a software engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required