Looking for a motivated developer to provide development and production support to the Mobile Apps team. Duties include back-end support, upgrading of environment, and integration of analytics by providing enhancements and modifications to an existing tool. The developer will develop in a cloud based architecture (cloud computing, cloud-based analytics) as the task demands and will design, develop, and implement new analytics, interfaces or code based on user and customer requirements. The developer will also provide testing, integration, and development support. The developer may also modify the repository schema of an existing application to support new data items, develop new data mining, and data ingest processes for new data and web-based geographical display of network topologies.
- Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist. Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project and experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with software development using:
- Spring framework,
- RESTful Web Services.
- Experience with performance and scalability testing
- Experience working in teams
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with Enterprise Cloud Technologies
- Experience with customer corporate technologies
- Experience with MapReduce and Pig
- Experience with Elasticsearch and other SQL databases (i.e., Postgress, Oracle)
- Experience with Subversion
- Experience with Google Web Toolkit
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science will be considered equivalent to four (4) years experience.
- At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- At least six (6) years’ experience developing software in an enterprise environment. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years. At least four (4) years developing software for Windows, UNIX or Linux (Red Hat versions 5 – 6) OS and at least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required