Mid-Level Software Engineer (Java, Maven, Git)
- Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
- Working in a variety of environments, the successful candidate will use leading edge technologies to develop analytics pulling data from multiple cyber sources, as well as classic SIGINT. These analytics will be used in standard presentation systems throughout the enterprise to support missions throughout the world covering a variety of subjects. You will be developing prototypes answering new questions as well as providing better answers to existing questions. You may be developing new ways to represent the data using data science methods such as graphs. You will be working directly with the customer in a highly collaborative, integrated environment. This position is perfect for someone who likes to work in an environment that uses leading technologies in a fast paced arena.
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required
Technical Skills Required:
- Strong Java skills is required
- Experience with version control (Git/Subversion)
- Must be able to work in a team environment
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Familiarity with Hadoop / Map Reduce Analytics is a plus
- Familiarity with Hadoop Pig/Piglet is a plus
- Some knowledge of networking a plus.
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least 8 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 3 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two years of general experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required