Individual will be working with a team on a suite of capabilities designed to help solve common problems arising from various analyst offices. Primary focus will be on prototype development. The individual will also work directly with customers to gather requirements and feedback.
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Strong Java skills is required
- Experience developing in Linux environments is required
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Familiar with Hadoop / Map Reduce Analytics
- Familiar with the government cloud architecture and data formats
- Experience with version control (Git/Subversion)
- Development experience using Spring
- Must be able to work in a team environment
Minimum Experience Required:
- Eight plus (8+) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least five (5) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least three (3) year of experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required