Mid-Level Software Engineer/Fullstack Developer (UIS, XML, SQL)
- As a Full Stack Developer on our Conference Web Team, you will be responsible for developing and enhancing our customer’s technical conference website. Working in a small dynamic team, you will extend functionality and adding new features to support the smooth planning, enrollment, attendance tracking and reporting of the customer’s major conference. This job is perfect for someone who wants to be part of a team that constantly strives to provide the best solutions in a fast paced, highly collaborative, challenging environment.
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Ruby on Rails
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, POSTgres, etc.)
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
Minimum Experience Required:
- Candidates shall have 8+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least 5 years of experience in software intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.)
- Additionally, at least 3 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required