Apprentice Level Software Engineer – (DevOps) (Shell Scripting, Ruby, Python)
- Work with team lead to understand tasking and provide system operations support, troubleshooting, and sustainment activities to required specifications in a Linux environment. Work with stakeholders to understand and implement completion of tasks as described in Service Desk ticketing system. Participate as a member of the Service Desk team in daily stand-ups and twice weekly Service Desk Priority Reviews.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and corrects defects
- Integrate existing software into now or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Technical Skills Required:
- Dataflow Management (Active MQ)
- Automation Experience (Shell Scripting, Cron, Kickstart)
- Programming in JAVA as well as scripting languages (Groovy, Ruby, Python)
- Software Build and packaging and deployment tools (Jenkins, Puppet, Gradle, Ansible, Helm)
- Knowledge in Memory Database and Key/Value store solutions
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Operational monitoring experience (Prometheus/Grafana)
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Familiar with Messaging Technologies (Pulsar and Kafka)
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite Software Development Tools
- Experience with No-SQL and SQL databases (Bookkeeper, Zookeeper, MongoDB)
- Experience integrating and testing components, including unit tests, integrations test, and continuous integration systems
- Exposure to Agile and SCRUM methodology
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- No demonstrated experience is required.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required