Mid-Level Software Engineer/Developer (XML structure, XML parsers, SQL, Perl)
- Working in a variety of environments, the successful candidate will use leading edge technologies to develop analytics pulling data from multiple cyber sources, as well as classic SIGINT. These analytics will be used in standard presentation systems throughout the enterprise to support missions throughout the world covering a variety of subjects. You will be developing prototypes answering new questions as well as providing better answers to existing questions. There are also opportunities to evaluate and work with new leading edge platforms, frameworks and technologies, all while working directly with the customer in a highly collaborative, integrated environment. This position is perfect for someone who likes to work in an environment that uses leading technologies in a fast paced environment.
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- ElasticSearch / Big Data experience to include large scale deployments
- Experience with Big Data Optimization
- Data Normalization
- Cross domain experience (eVo)
- AWS instances (Lambda Functions, Sagemaker)
- Work in a team environment
Minimum Experience Required:
- Candidates shall have 8+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least 5 years of experience in software intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.)
- Additionally, at least 3 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required