Mid-level Software Engineer/Developer (XML parsers, SQL, Perl)
- Develop and maintain assigned analytic tasks requiring implementation, documentation and testing. Analytics will be developed primarily, but not exclusively, in the customer cloud infrastructure. The developer shall possess the necessary skills required to implement an end-to-end solution including (but not limited to) accessing existing datasets, creating new datasets by ingesting data, performing analytic functions and exposing analytic results to the users.
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Strong C++ skills (2+ years)
- Strong Python skills
- Proficient developing software in Linux operating system
- Familiarity with Pig and Java
- Knowledge of network encryption protocols (i.e., TLS, IPsec)
- Experience with version control software (e.g., Maven, Git)
- Familiarity with customer corporate tools
- Experience working in an Agile team environment
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least 8 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 3 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of general experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required