Senior Level Software Engineer (Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk)
- The individual for this position will be responsible for providing development in a variety of languages (ex. Java, python) on Linux platforms. The candidate must have proven development experience with strong aptitude and ability in learning new technologies. The candidate will also integrate with the customer’s cloud-based data systems. The candidate will have analytics development experience and will have experience with Virtual Machines. Additionally the candidate will demo work products clearly to the customer and other team members during open houses and other customer events. The candidate will work mostly independently, but also will interact and work effectively with the customer and other team members.
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- NVIDIA CUDA experience
- Machine Learning experience
- Experience with Docker Containers
- Experience with Kubernetes, Rancher, ceph, rook fs
- Experience with C2S (AWS)
- Jupyter Notebook experience
- Splunk experience
- Apache Spark experience
- Previous Transition & Decommission (T&D) experience
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least 12+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 3 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master’s degree is a plus.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.