Mid-Level Software Engineer (Perl, Java, SQL)
- Working in a variety of environments, the successful candidate will use leading edge technologies to develop analytics pulling data from multiple cyber sources, as well as classic SIGINT. These analytics will be used in standard presentation systems throughout the enterprise to support missions throughout the world covering a variety of subjects. The candidate will be developing prototypes answering new questions as well as providing better answers to existing questions. The candidate may be developing new ways to represent the data using data science methods such as graphs. The candidate will be working directly with the customer in a highly collaborative, integrated environment. This position is perfect for someone who likes to work in an environment that uses leading technologies in a fast paced arena.
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Strong Java skills is required
- Knowledge of Python highly desired.
- Development experience in a Unix/Linux environment preferred
- Experience with version control (Git/Subversion)
- Familiarity with Hadoop / Map Reduce Analytics is a plus
- Familiarity with Hadoop Pig/Piglet is a plus
- Must be able to work in a team environment
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least 8 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 3 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master’s degree is a plus.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required