Senior Level Software Engineer (HADOOP, MapReduce, Accumulo)
- The candidate would develop and maintain assigned persona analytic tasks (HARBORCOLOSSUS) requiring implementation, documentation and testing. Java Map Reduce& QTA analytics will be developed primarily, but not exclusively, in the customer cloud infrastructure. The developer shall possess the necessary skills required to implement an end-to-end solution including (but not limited to) accessing existing datasets, creating new datasets by ingesting data, performing analytic functions and exposing analytic results to the users. The data could be metadata or content.
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, and character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience developing cloud analytics (HADOOP, MapReduce, Accumulo) in Java.
- Experience with Git/GitLab.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience developing analytics within the Query Time Analytics (QTA) Framework.
- Experience developing software solutions using Python scripting language.
- Prior experience developing analytics for survey and intelligence value assessments.
- Experience with Containers such as (Docker or Kubernetes).
- Experience using Java Spring Framework.
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least sixteen years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least five years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least five years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection, and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two years of general experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required.