The successful candidate will develop software in an Agile development approach to analytic development. They will be developing cloud based analytics using Map Reduce techniques. They will be using innovative techniques to derive additional information from existing data to refine information utilized by the Operations team. They may also incorporate new sources of data, and provide summary information about the data they are working with. Development is primarily in Java, but may also utilize Python and Pig to accomplish objectives.
What you will like about this position…
- Working in a dynamic environment in an Agile environment.
- Becoming familiar with multiple efforts that provide refinement and better information on data being enhance with analytic techniques such as Java Map/Reduce.
Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience in scrum-based Agile development environments
- Strong Java development skills
- Experience with version control (Git/Subversion)
- Experience with customer’s architectures is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using Jira (or other tool)
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Candidates shall have 8+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least 5 years of experience in software intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.)
- Additionally, at least 3 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required