Mid-Level or Senior Software Engineer (HPC Software Capabilities and Services)
- Provide parallel development and integration of key components and services that, when completed, will support the migration of mission applications. The contractor shall team with the Government POC to devise integrated scheduled for component and service development. The development team will apply agile development methods, but shall be constrained by a solid architecture under the control of the Government technical lead.
- Continually revisit schedule and technical progress relative to plan and adjust accordingly. Provide a set of documentation necessary to support the integration of the new services.
- The software development should comply with HPC Software Capabilities and Services software engineering practices governing coding standards, code reviews, unit testing, configuration management and documentation.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Has experience with agile development processes.
- Has experience with source code control systems, such as Git.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design and development of relational and non-relational database applications.
- Use of orchestration frameworks such as Spring and Kafka.
- Familiarization with queue management systems
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Develop and execute test procedures for software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards and conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Modify existing software to adapt to new hardware or to improve its performance
- Design, develop, and modify software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design decisions
- Java development using the Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
- Development of Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) applications
- Experience using collaboration and software development tools (ie. Atlassian).
- Software development using continuous integration practices
- Experience with container technologies (ie. Docker).
- Unix shell scripting
- Development of event driven or data driven analytics
- Development of cloud-based solutions and technologies.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints. Perform quality control on team products.
- Recommend and implement suggestions for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware· engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces.
- Coordinate software installation on a system and monitor performance to ensure operational specifications are met.
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects.
- Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams.
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering.
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software.
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience developing scripts using Bash/Python
- Experience using the Unix command line
- Experience developing with Java in a Unix environment
- Experience using multiple files systems such as GPFS and HDFS
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Accumulo
- Experience with IaC concepts and tools such as Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack, and Chef
- Experience with Data Flows
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting and sustaining systems in a large Unix deployment
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- General HPC technical knowledge regarding compute, network, memory, and storage system components
- Familiar with the Atlassian Tool Suite (Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus five (5) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity. OR Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus seven (7) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity OR Nine (9) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required