Mid-Level Network Infrastructure Engineer
- Hughes is looking for a Contractor – Network Infrastructure Engineer who will be working as part of the software development team to analyze, design, develop, test, document and deploy complex network infrastructure. This is primarily an engineering role that requires the person to develop products and support lab systems.
- Design and deploy network infrastructure, working closely with system designers and integrators
- Develop and document design and network diagrams
- Analyze and resolve performance related issues
- Recommend and implement mechanisms to regularly upgrade and patch COTS hardware and software
- Recommend and deploy solutions to automate the deployment and maintenance activities
- Knowledge of network protocols and technologies: STP, VTP, MLAG, EVPN, BGP, OSPF, IPsec, VPN
- Working experience of Cisco, Fortinet and Juniper series of devices
- Knowledge of IPv6 and related switching and routing protocols
- Experience with COTS infrastructure components like servers, storage, switches, firewalls and routers
- Knowledge of SDN/NFV technologies is a plus but not required
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively within a team environment
Minimum Experience Required:
- 3-6 years of experience in the field of network engineering
- Knowledge of network-based installs, upgrades and zero touch provisioning techniques
- Knowledge of L2 and L3 networking protocols
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Bachelors or higher degree in a related field
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.