Team member who provides support and serves on the Network Administration team including technical support to the Network Administrators and System Administrators, monitoring and maintaining the current infrastructure, improving system performance, and automating system administration. This positions also develops algorithms used in modules or incorporated into models associated with the research and development of technologies and systems involving one or more of the following areas: traditional circuit switched networks; data networks; access technologies; wireless systems; the media to carry such services; the protocols required for the completion of transport and services; operation of networks; management of network resources; provisioning of resources; traffic and/or performance modeling of such networks. This position is located at Ft. Meade.
- Assist customers with resolving problems to include performance and configuration
- Provide support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, CAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders
- Provide in-depth engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives for government agencies
- Provide interface support to telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel, and telecommunications strategic program management
- Ability to integrate real-time communication services (e.g. SMS, presence information, IP telephony, video conferencing, and data sharing). This is critical to supporting/troubleshooting DoD Mobility Classified Capability (DMCC) activities.
- Documented experience with deploying, troubleshooting and maintaining CISCO (i.e., Secure UCM, IMP, CUC, RTMT, VCS, TMS Codian MCU and Tandberg)
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with enterprise level network design, engineering and administration
- Experience with common networking devices such as firewalls, switches, and fabric interconnects. Commonly used brands include Cisco, McAfee, and Palo Alto.
- Experience interfacing with customer POCs to evaluate networking needs or requirements and explain technical terms to non-technical users or stakeholders.
- (Preferred) Experience with Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, or McAfee Enterprise firewalls
- (Preferred) Experience with VMWare ESXI cloud level architectures
- (Preferred) Experience with VMWare NSX (SDN networking)
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Network Engineering and ten (10) years of relevant professional experience
- Candidate must have CCNP
- Candidate must have a TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
- Four (4) years of relevant experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.