Mid-Level Java/Angular Developer (Python, Linux)
- Software design, development, integration and support activities for embedded networking software
- Actively participate in systems and protocol design to come up with innovative solutions
- Participate in new hardware bring up process
- Complete development projects on time and within budget
- Present project objectives, risks and success criteria to Management team
- Analyze and resolve software issues
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with Rules Engines, Groovy and/or Grails is a plus
- Proficient in Multi-threaded application development and inter-process communication
- Experience with multicore processors
- Algorithm development experience
- Network software development knowledge
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Board bringup experience a plus
- Experience with developing Linux device drivers and Linux kernel modules a plus
- Knowledge or experience in Satellite-based systems a plus
- Experience with scripting languages (bash, Python) a plus
- Artificial Intelligence and/or Machine Learning experience a plus
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5 years of software development experience working with Java
- 2 years working experience with Java Spring frameworks, Spring Boot and RestEasy
- 2 years Angular.io, Gitlab and Maven and/or Gradle
- 2 years working experience with Java Enterprise frameworks, such as JBoss/Wildfly, Hibernate, and RestEasy
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.