- Build and enhance high-visibility, collaborative web application tools used in the day-to-day mission, throughout the customer and across the broader Intelligence Community (IC). Your work will enable data to be updated and shared in real-time and will help drive more informed and timely decisions in matters of national security.
- You will work with real-time data and create tools using cutting-edge visualization, development and analytic technologies.
- Sit at the forefront of data visualization by staying current on trends, top tools and emerging technologies and recommend, advocate for, and implement solutions that are a fit.
- Be part of collaborative and diverse team of junior, senior and expert level developers and mission leaders allowing you to mentor and learn from others.
- Design solutions from the user’s perspective and partner with UI/UX designers who manage the design, look and feel of the application.
- Receive direct user feedback from product / mission outreach teams and continuously improve tools.
- Review/test software components and build your expertise by developing and executing comprehensive system, performance and design testing plans.
- Thus far, our team has created:
- A streamlined, collaborative User Interface (UI) that shares data across agencies within the IC.
- A UI that allows users to consolidate, organize, and reconcile and update data in real-time tabular, graphical, and map visualizations.
- A tool that allows analysts to quickly capture, document and access information.
- Responsible for designing, creating, testing and maintaining web sites and content that enrich and optimize the exchange of information and produce effective communications between CSS and its customers.
- Interact with team to gather and define requirements.
- Analyze requirements to determine the most effective web technologies to satisfy their needs.
- Coordinate creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent site design.
- Follow a formal design process that includes adhering to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of the web site end product.
- Design and develop visually-pleasing, content rich, user friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation. Deliver comprehensive web site solutions to satisfy customer requirements. Maintain configuration management.
- Maintain a functioning user-accessible website.
- Codes less complex websites using HTML, Visual Basic, or other web-based programming languages
- Support website planning and deployment
- Write documentation regarding the website’s technical requirements.
- Maintain website technical documentation to assist with website maintenance and upgrades.
- Apply concepts, develops, tests, maintain and supports high-performance, innovative web-based applications.
- Responsible for troubleshooting software problems and providing solutions to overcome those problems using the latest technologies.
- Work with management and information technologists to determine specifications.
- Use a variety of internet technologies, techniques and tools such as graphics software applications and object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, CGI, Visual Basic, HTML, XML) to create web page elements such as user interface features, site animation, special effects, databases, and e-business applications
- In concert with the software development lead, develop, test, maintain and support high performance, innovative web-based applications.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex software problems and providing solutions using the latest technologies.
- Work independently on more complex projects.
- Integrate new web products with existing web applications in order to improve the functionality or design of the organization’s website.
Technical Skills Required:
- Eight (8) or more years of experience with the following web application and/or front-end languages and technologies:
- Java, C++ or VB.net
- HTML, CSS, PHP and Perl, Python, Ruby
- Eight (8) or more years of experience across the entire Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC) that includes:
- Analyzing and translating user requirements into software requirements
- Software Integration (new and existing systems)
- Troubleshooting, debugging and defects correction.
- Creation and editing of software system documentation.
- Software component testing plan development and hands-on testing.
- Experience developing applications interfacing with REST-based service.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Linux based scripting using a server-side language (i.e. Shell, Python, etc.).
- Agile software development experience / understanding.
- Code management using Git & MAVEN.
- Jira and/ or Confluence experience
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required OR twelve (12) years of development experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Eight (8) years’ experience as a WD in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional WD experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required