Mid-Level Front-End (UI)/Full-Stack Software Engineer
- This ProObject contract is seeking a Front-End (UI) / Full-Stack Software Engineer to join their software development team that provides application development and support to a tool that provides disseminatable data to be conveyed at the absolute first point of relevance allowing mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment.
- DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Provide Front-end (UI) / Full-Stack software development and technical services to support the Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA)
- Collaborate with other software development teams developing web-based user interface applications promoting service interoperability, integration, and reuse
- Maintain awareness of current landscape of visualization solutions exchanging knowledge and advice regarding visualization technologies
- Collaborate with User Experience design team to increase product’s usability
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Perform software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the application
- Team Size: ~37 team members made up of software developers, system engineers, test engineers, SCRUM masters, and technical writers.
- Team collaborates with Outreach (user application helpdesk) and User Experience teams.
- Seating: Cubicle environment (has access to both classified and unclassified computers and phones at their desk)
- Some contact with technical government personnel but no direct user contact
- Product support analysts at the agency, IC, and other party affiliations.
Technical Skills Required:
- Technical experience with:
- Developing applications using AngularJS / jQuery / React / Vue (other JS frameworks)
- Developing Java Web or NodeJS applications
- Developing RESTful Services
- Developing applications interfacing into Oracle / Mongo DB / Elasticsearch
- Developing applications that are 508 compliant
- Performs software testing and troubleshoots software issues for SIGINT systems using Java JUnit testing or other test-driven development frameworks
- 8+ years’ experience with:
- Development of software solutions by analyzing system performance standards
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components, as required
- Designing, developing, and modifying software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Experience and/or education in structured analysis and design methodologies
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Ensuring quality control of all developed and modified software
- Executing programming and testing responsibilities and monitoring code performance
- Writing or reviewing software system documentation
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with consuming and writing web services
- Experience with generating technical documentation
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts for code integration and cron jobs using Bourne Shell, C, or Python and work in a command line environment
Minimum Experience Required:
- Eight (8) years of experience in software engineering with projects of similar scope and size is required.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required