Mid-Level Front-End (UI)/Full-Stack Software Engineer (AngularJS, jQuery, Java Web)
- ProObject is seeking a Front-End (UI) / Full-Stack Software Engineer to join their software development team that provides application development and support to a tool that provides disseminatable data to be conveyed at the absolute first point of relevance allowing mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Provide Front-end (UI) / Full-Stack software development and technical services to support the Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA)
- Collaborate with other software development teams developing web-based user interface applications promoting service interoperability, integration, and reuse
- Maintain awareness of current landscape of visualization solutions exchanging knowledge and advice regarding visualization technologies
- Collaborate with User Experience design team to increase product’s usability
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Perform software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the application
- Team Size: ~37 team members made up of software developers, system engineers, test engineers, SCRUM masters, and technical writers.
- Team Location: Contractor facility, Annapolis Junction, Md.
- Team collaborates with Outreach (user application helpdesk) and User Experience teams.
- Seating: Cubicle environment (has access to both classified and unclassified computers and phones at their desk)
- Some contact with technical government personnel but no direct user contact
- Product support analysts at the agency, IC, and other party affiliations.
- Provide software engineering support to the Cryptologic Knowledge Services (CKS) applications which allows critical, disseminatable data to be conveyed to the user at the absolute first point of relevance.
Technical Skills Required:
Technical experience with:
- Developing applications using AngularJS / jQuery / React / Vue (other JS frameworks)
- Developing Java Web or NodeJS applications
- Developing RESTful Services
- Developing applications interfacing into Oracle / Mongo DB / Elasticsearch
- Developing applications that are 508 compliant
8+ years’ experience with:
- Development of software solutions by analyzing system performance standards
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components, as required
- Designing, developing, and modifying software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Experience and/or education in structured analysis and design methodologies
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Ensuring quality control of all developed and modified software
- Executing programming and testing responsibilities and monitoring code performance
- Writing or reviewing software system documentation
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with consuming and writing web services
- Experience with generating technical documentation
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts for code integration and cron jobs using Bourne Shell, C, or Python and work in a command line environment
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence
Minimum Experience Required:
- Eight (8) years of experience in software engineering with projects of similar scope and size is required.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required