ProObject is seeking a Front-End (UI) and Full Stack Software Engineers to join their software development team that provides web application development and support to tools that disseminate data to be conveyed at the absolute first point of relevance allowing mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment. Please see Additional Information section below for more details on the Knowledge Management & Curation (KMC) team and products supported.
- Work with a diverse team of principal, senior, and junior level contributors to provide development and production support for the customer Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA).
- Collaborate with other software development teams developing web-based user interface applications promoting service interoperability, integration, and reuse
- Develop and maintain awareness of current landscape of visualization solutions exchanging knowledge and implementing recommendations regarding visualization technologies
- Collaborate with User Experience design team to increase product’s usability
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Perform software life-cycle activities to ensure system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Maintain a functioning user-accessible website
- Codes less complex websites using HTML, Visual Basic, or other web-based programming languages
- Support website planning and deployment
- Write documentation regarding the website’s technical requirements
- Maintain website technical documentation to assist with website maintenance and upgrades
- Apply concepts, develops, tests, maintain and supports high-performance, innovative web-based applications
- Responsible for troubleshooting software problems and providing solutions to overcome those problems using the latest technologies
- Work with management and information technologists to determine specifications
- Use a variety of internet technologies, techniques and tools such as graphics software applications and object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, CGI, Visual Basic, HTML, XML) to create web page elements such as user interface features, site animation, special effects, databases, and e-business applications
- In concert with the software development lead, develop, test, maintain and support high-performance, innovative web-based applications
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex software problems and providing solutions using the latest technologies
- Work independently on more complex projects
- Integrate new web products with existing web applications in order to improve the functionality or design of the organization’s website
Technical Skills Required:
- Developing applications interfacing with REST-based APIs/services
- Experience developing REST services in Apache Tomcat/Java or NodeJS.
- Experience developing applications using NoSQL (i.e. MongoDb, Elasticsearch), advanced key store (i.e. REDIS), and/or relational (i.e. Oracle, MySQL) databases.
- Developing applications using Java application frameworks (i.e. Vert.X, Spring Boot)
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts to facilitate application integration using a one or more appropriate server-side languages (i.e. Shell, Python, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
Minimum Experience Required:
- Eight (8) years experience as a WD in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional WD experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required