Mid-Level Configuration Manager (Bash, Unix, Python)
- Responsible for configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems. Works on developmental and operational teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems. Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures. Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system. Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life. Perform change control and configuration audits.
- The contractor shall create, document, and implement a Software Configuration Management (SCM) Plan including CM tools, version control, CI/CD processes, procedures, and best practices for multiple projects within the organization.
- The contractor shall work closely with the project Tech Leads to implement the SCM plan to ensure a consistent and repeatable approach for SCM.
- Assist in implementing hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures
- Assist in the use of configuration management tools (e.g. DOORS, Eclipse) to store, track, and manage configuration items
- Understand basic concepts, and assist in documenting hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures
- Implement hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures
- Understand basic concepts, assist in maintaining and developing the environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing and integration
- Assist in defining and implementing hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures; such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrating those scripts with the hardware and software build process
- Utilize configuration management tools (e.g. DOORS, Eclipse) to store, track, and manage configuration items
- Maintain the CM environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing and integration
- Develop hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures and ensure that they are followed on hardware and software development projects
- Apply concepts and defme and implement hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures, such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrate those scripts with the hardware and software build process
- Serve as an advisor to (or non-voting member of) Government Change Control Board (CCB)
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience using the Unix command line
- Experience writing scripts using Bash/Python
- Experience with build, test and package software tools such as CMake
- Experience with creating, implementing, and documenting a Software Configuration Management plan including check-in, check-out, merge, build, versioning, packaging, release, etc.) in a Unix environment.
- Experience with source code repositories such as Git
- Experience with CI/CD principals and concepts using tools such as GitLab CI and Jenkins
- Experience with IaC principles and automation tools such as Ansible and SaltStack
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with Agile principles and concepts
Minimum Experience Required:
- Six (6) years’ experience as a CM in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional configuration management experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required