Senior Level Cloud Software Engineer (Unix, Pig, Hive)
- The candidate will provide software engineering support to create cloud analytics addressing current and future Device Reference Team needs. Correlate data sets in cloud architecture to answer device reference data protocol questions and identity gaps between data sets information. Identify and create analytics to summarize device reference protocol information for integration into corporate visualization tools.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with 1) Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON, 2) developing restful services, and 3) using source code management tools.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience developing cloud analytics (HADOOP, MapReduce, Accumulo) in Java
- Experience developing software solutions using Python scripting language
- Prior experience developing analytics for survey and intelligence value assessments
- Eclipse, Maven, web services development, lightweight J2EE framework, and XQuery experience.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Shall have at least 8 years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.)
- Shall have at least 6 years of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java.
- Shall have at least 4 years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as HBase, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as 2 years of experience with the Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed Files System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Shall have at least 3 years of experience developing software in UNIX/Linux (Red Hat versions 3-5+) operating systems.
- Shall have at least 3 years of experience in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required