Mid-Level Cloud Software Engineer (Java, Python, C++)
- Develop software solutions in support of persona Data Scientists, Analysts in corporate cloud environments from developed tradecraft that better leverages and parses persona-related information from repositories. Enable delivery of extracted persona-related information into cloud environment for processing and delivery to customers. Enable the finding and extraction of structured data from traffic and automate the parsing of recurring ad hoc bulk persona-related information in data to include spreadsheets and other attachments. Focus on establishing data flows, interpretation of tradecraft requirements for software solutions and maintenance. Apply expertise in algorithm development to both enrich existing analytic processes and develop new strategies for deriving intelligence from large data sets.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with developing restful services, Ruby on Rails framework, LDAP protocol configuration management and cluster performance management (e.g. Nagios).
- Shall have demonstrated work experience in the design and development of at least one Object Oriented System.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products.
- Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated technical documents in support of software development projects.
- In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated experience, work or college level courses, in at least 2 of the desired characteristics.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with Source Code Management (e.g. Git, Stash, or Subversion, etc.)
Technical Skills Required:
- Desire knowledge of Graph Theory and Datasets
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment
- Experience with Jira, Maven and Git
- Work in a team environment
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment.
- Understanding of Cloud Scalability.
- Hadoop/Cloud Certification.
- Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms.
- Experience with taxonomy construction for analytic disciplines, knowledge areas and skills.
- Experience developing and deploying: data driven analytics, event driven analytics, sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines.
- Experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts).
- Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications.
- Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment.
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least eight (8) years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- At least six (6) years of experience developing software with high level languages (such as Java, C, C++), developing software in UNIX/Linux (RedHat versions 3-5+), and software integration and testing (to include developing and implementing test plans and scripts).
- At least four (4) years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as H Base, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with 1) Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON, 2) developing restful services, and 3) using source code management tools.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.