Mid-Level Cloud Software Engineer (Java, C, UIS)
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Have demonstrated work or academic experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as HBase, Cloud Base/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as one (1) year of experience with the Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work or academic experience with Source Code Management.
- The candidate will possess one of the following:
- Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment.
- Understanding Cloud Scalability.
- Hadoop/Cloud Certification.
- Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, algorithms.
- Experience developing and deploying: data driven analytics, event driven analytics; sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines.
- Experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts).
- Experience developing and deploying analytics that discover social networks.
- Experience developing ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications.
- Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Candidates shall have ten (10) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least five (5) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers. Additionally, at least three (3) years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- At least one (1) year of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required