PRIME CONTRACT – Mid-Level Cloud Engineer (AWS, COTS)
- Provides cloud software development/engineering services to include requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Works on a software development program proving software development engineering strategies for environments using HDFS, Map Reduce, and other related cloud technologies.
- Provides set-up, configuration, and software installation for development, test, and production systems. Interfaces directly with development team, as well as system end users.
- Reviews and tests infrastructure components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves reported system issues.
- Utilizes infrastructure engineering and research design methodologies appropriate to the development/test/production environments.
- Provides specific input to the component system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, system reuses, use of COTS/GOTS, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual systems components with particular emphasis on complex networking topics.
- Should be familiar with Agile processes and structures, and be able to work on a software development team.
- Perform requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution
- Modify software and algorithms designed for traditional environments to operate in cloud environments
- Provide support to platforms and services based on AWS or other commercial cloud hosting environments
- Support the transition of operational systems and applications from traditional platforms to cloud environments
- Support cloud-related data management tools and OpenSource (NoSQL) products such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, and Big Table
- Convert existing algorithms or develop new algorithms to utilize the Map Reduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, and Pig
- Support operational systems utilizing the HDFS
- Support the deployment of operational systems and applications in a cloud environment
- Conduct scalability assessments of Cloud-related algorithms, applications, and systems to identify performance bottlenecks and areas for improvement
Technical Skills Required:
- One or more of the following:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- AWS Certified Big Data.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Six (6) years of experience in software development/engineering in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Four (4) years of experience in software development on systems utilizing cloud-related technologies.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Four (4) years of additional software development experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree for a total of ten (10) years of experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required