Mid-Level Application Engineer (UI/UX)
- Designs software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation. Manages software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and Computer-Aided Software. Engineering (CASE) tools. Estimates software development costs and schedule. Reviews existing programs and assists in making refinements, reducing operating time and improving current techniques. Formulates and defines specifications for software applications or modifies and maintains existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation. Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other task personnel. Responsible for quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products.
- Continuously monitor the health and status of security tool suites through IT system management. Maintain, upgrade, refresh, and update to maintain full operational capacity.
- Conduct database administration to monitor, report, and repair any degradation of the health and status of the systems and tools within the NISIRT.
- Analyze any newly identified vulnerabilities and deficiencies within the Enterprise IT/IC GovCloud security tool suite; perform gap analysis.
- As a result of the gap analysis and at the direction of the Government, research and evaluate commercial products capable of eliminating the vulnerability or deficiency within the security tool suite.
- Conduct analysis of alternatives and present findings of analysis results to the Government in a Technical Analysis package for the Government’s evaluation and Government’s selection of a solution.
- Collaborate and coordinate with ancillary organizations to procure, deliver, dispose, and track and new HW/SW required for solution implementation.
- Prepare Configuration Plans, SW enhancement plans, and engineer solutions to easily interface with GUI and/or web front-end interfaces.
- Define, design, and incorporate interfaces to retrieve data from various scanning tools.
- Design, validate, and implement access controls as part of the systems and service solutions.
- Enhance, modify, and test COTS/GOTS and any applicable hardware to ensure interoperability and compatibility with existing Enterprise IT/IC GovCloud architecture; prepare Engineering
- Change Proposals applicable to any implemented system configuration change.
- Define, coordinate, and schedule testing, integration, implementation, and deployment activities with dependent external interface devices/owners.
- Deploy security solutions across the IT Enterprise Network. Install hardware and implement required software to ensure fully functional computer environment.
- Upon direction of the Government prepare and conduct security tool instruction/training with regards to newly deployed tool capabilities and functions for authorized users of the Agency Enterprise IT/IC GovCloud security tool suite.
Technical Skills Required:
- IAT Level 2 Certification
- Experience as a UI/UX focused developer
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant technical field + 6 years experience OR
- High School + 8 years experience OR
- Masters Degree+ 4 years
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.