- The Application Engineer will be an integral part of the team developing new applications and toolsets to help the customer to automate some of their internal tracking tools and information gathering processes and modernize the current environment to enable quicker delivery of mission information, enhance operations, and improve situational awareness.
- Software development (Java, Perl, SQL, Eclipse, Maven, web application development)
- Windows and Linux System administration
- ITIL® v3 Foundation certification desired
Technical Skills Required:
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with Golang and Python, experience with Kubernetes cluster development, management and monitoring; understanding of AWS and/or OpenStack environments, experience with dependency mapping; knowledge of database relationships across various customer data sources. Self-starter with strong attention to detail.
Minimum Experience Required:
- High School Diploma/GED and 9 years, or Associate’s Degree and 7 years, or Bachelor’s Degree or Higher and 5 years
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.