Mid-Level Application Engineer – Elasticsearch SME
- Develops and manages software tools in support of Enterprise Management. Formulates and defines specifications for software applications or modifies and maintains existing applications using engineering releases and utilities provided by the software distributor. Conducts program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation. Performs user administration on Enterprise Management supporting technologies.
Technical Skills Required:
- Software development (Java, Perl, SQL, Eclipse, Maven, web application development)
- Windows and Linux System administration
- 2+ years of experience with Elasticsearch, specifically: setting up and tuning Elasticsearch clusters, Elasticsearch security, Elasticsearch Beat technologies, Elasticsearch Machine Learning technology, and Elasticsearch Alerting; 2+ years of Logstash/Grok; 1+ year of experience with Kibana (visualizations, dashboards, monitoring)
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- ITIL® v3 Foundation certification desired
- Experience with any of the following: RegEx, Java/Spring, Salt/Puppet, Kafka, Spark, Python/Perl, REST services, Rsyslog
Minimum Experience Required:
- High School Diploma/GED and 12 years, or Associate’s Degree and 10 years, or Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years, or Master’s Degree or Higher and 6 years.
- TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Required