Mid-Level Application Engineer -Data Cloud Engineer (Java, Perl, SQL)
- The Application Engineer will support the modernization and transition of security and insider threat platforms.
- Develops and manages software tools in support of Enterprise Management. Formulates and defines specifications for software applications or modifies and maintains existing applications using engineering releases and utilities provided by the software distributor. Conducts program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation. Performs user administration on Enterprise Management supporting technologies.
- Software development (Java, Perl, SQL, Eclipse, Maven, web application development)
- Windows and Linux System administration
- ITIL® v3 Foundation certification desired
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with Cloud architectures (AWS, Azure), automation, and microservices architectures
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with Spark, Splunk, Oracle, MariaDB, Prometheus, Grafana
Minimum Experience Required:
- High School Diploma/GED and 12 years, or Associate’s Degree and 10 years, or Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years, or Master’s Degree or Higher and 6 years.
- 5 years’ experience with development in Python or at least two other languages
- 2 years’ experience with Linux system administration
- Experience with Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes and k8s
- 2 years’ experience configuring system monitoring tools
- 2 years’ experience standing up new Linux servers
- TS/SCI w. Polygraph Required