Mid-Level 5G Engineer
- ProObject is seeking a 5G Implementation Engineer who is energetic, creative and team oriented to work on the development and testing of state-of-art 5G system (including Core, Edge Cloud and RAN). The individual will be part of agile teams that utilizes cloud environment, AI/ML techniques to provide resilient communications solutions. The position is based in our Gaithersburg, Maryland office.
- Provide 5G configuration, test and demo leadership for secure 5G enterprise networks, and performing tests and audits
- Provide leadership in edge/cloud-based 5G implementation of test and production environments
- Work with component teams in resolving issues and ensuring release quality
- Collaborate with suppliers, customers program management in a timely and effective manner
- Experience of the entire software Lifecycle to include generating requirements, architecture design, configuring test and audit tools, conducting test, verification and compliance
- Experience with cloud-based implementation of secure agile continuous integration and continuous development pipelines and production environment using containers, Linux, Java, SQL
- Good knowledge of computer networking principles with Ethernet and IPv4, v6, and 5G protocols
- Experience with writing design documents, test scripts, configuring test tools, and interfacing with software components
- Experience writing technical documents and interacting with external customers
Technical Skills Required:
- Certification in cloud-based design and implementation
- Experience with 5G stand-alone features, slicing and interfaces
- Experience working in agile project environment (e.g. Scrum framework)
Minimum Experience Required:
- BS in engineering related discipline
- 4+ years of experience with cellular 4G and 5G technologies
- 6+ years of experience developing complex network development and test projects
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.