Linux Systems Administrator (Linux Command Line, Shift-Work)
- Candidate must be willing and able to:
- be on-call 24×7
- mission critical (Agency Code Red required)
- interface with agency and non-agency sites via emails/phone to walk them through hands-on troubleshooting
- work flexible hours, staying until the job is completed (mission is restored)
- Provide and supervise set-up, configure, and load system software and hardware;
- Provide system administration support of computers, servers, racks of equipment and figure/manage LAN interfaces.
- Provide support for web development, testing, system integration, installation scripts and other duties to support systems and network infrastructure.
Technical Skills Required:
- Solid Linux command line skills;
- Scripting skills;
- Must be willing/able to work shift/nights.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience performing and assisting with equipment specification, setup, problem resolution, and network support related to computer hardware and software;
- Experience providing assistance to users;
- Experience optimizing system operations;
- Experience ensuring compliance with licensing agreements and system currency.
- Software development (Java, C/C++ preferred)
- Web technologies (Weblogic, Apache)
- Enterprise Messaging Systems (JMS)
- Database Administration (mysql, Oracle, Mongo)
- Networking (protocols, fiber/Ethernet knowledge)
- Cloud/Virtualization technologies
- Technical writing
- Mission knowledge
Minimum Experience Required:
- Five (5) to ten (10) years’ experience with installation, maintenance, administration, and troubleshooting of LAN, computer hardware and software
- A Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Comp Support Technology, Electronics Technology, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Network Engineering
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required