Perform Linux Administration and Application installation/config/setup duties in a prototype development and evaluation lab at customer site. The candidate must be a self-starter and be able to work with a team as well as independently and learn new HW and SW technologies quickly.
Candidate shall be responsible primarily for providing analysis and engineering of the functional aspects of the software or hardware architecture and systems, it may also include other responsibilities such as architectural planning, middleware prototyping, or investigations regarding the introduction of new technology.
Technical Skills Required:
- 5+ years system administration experience
- 3-4 years of experience with UNIX/LINUX, preferably SELinux
- 2-3 years of experience with VMWare products
- 2-3 years of experience administering and troubleshooting UNIX/LINUX production systems
- Experience with BASH scripting
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible and Puppet
- Experience with container platforms, preferably Docker
- Must be able to support software/system testing efforts
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Current RedHat Admin Certification
- 1 year experience with firewalls and supporting rules sets
- Experience with Python
- Experience with System logging tools, such as Rsyslog and logrotate
- Experience with Yum package management tool
- Prefer any verifiable experience with distributed, parallel processing
- Prefer experience with any resource management package
Minimum Experience Required:
- Eight (8) to eighteen (18) years of general experience as a systems analyst.
- Five (5) years of experience in systems analysis, engineering design, and communications applications on complex information systems, database management, the use of programming languages that support Sun Solaris, HP UNIX, Windows NT, Pascal or Delphi, Linux – Redhat, Windows XP, Databases, Sybase RDBMS, Oracle RDBMS, MS Access, Oracle Context, Oracle Forms, Powerbuilder, MS SQL Server, Indexed Sequential Access Method (ISAM), and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods
- Security + CE or equivalent security certification must be obtained prior to February 6, 2019.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience as a systems analyst
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required