Linux System Administrator III
- Senior Linux SysAdmin with strong experience scripting (at least with bsh), and working with Puppet, LDAP, Vmware, and/or other virtual machine environments (like Redhat KVM), as well as IBM BladeCenters. Need to have at least a functional working knowledge of Cisco networks as successful candidate will have to correct network issues on the fly when the Network Engineer is not available. Need to have solid hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Candidate must be willing and able to:
- be on-call 24×7
- mission critical (Agency Code Red required)
- interface with agency and non-agency sites via emails/phone to walk them through hands-on troubleshooting
- work flexible hours, staying until the job is completed (mission is restored)
- Lead the effort to set-up, configure, and load system software and hardware;
- Provide system administration support of computers, servers, racks of equipment and figure/manage LAN interfaces.
- Provide support for web development, testing, system integration, installation scripts and other duties to support systems and network infrastructure.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience performing and assisting with equipment specification, setup, problem resolution, and network support related to computer hardware and software;
- Experience providing assistance to users;
- Experience optimizing system operations;
- Experience ensuring compliance with licensing agreements and system currency.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Ten (10) years experience with installation, maintenance, administration, and trouble shooting of LAN at Tier II level in UNIX/Linux environment, computer hardware and software;
- A Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or Mathematics
- Specialized technical certifications may be credited toward the minimum experience requirements. Certifications may be used to substitute no more than three (3) years of experience.
- The following certifications can each be substituted for one (1) year of experience each: CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, ITIL v3 Foundation, RHCSA, RHCE, Cisco: CENT, CCT, CCDA, or CCNA, CEH, VMWare – VCP, CISSP, Jupiter, Hadoop, Brocade: BCNE or BCNA, CDFM, DAU, DAWIA or certification specific to the Labor Category.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required